As part of the Social Impact Investment Policy, the NSW Government is again calling for social impact investment proposals to deliver better social and financial outcomes for individuals and communities. The NSW Government aims to deliver two investments to market each year, with three social impact investments already implemented and negotiations for three more underway.
Since 2013, the NSW Government has implemented:
- the Newpin social benefit bond to help expand an intensive, therapeutic support program delivered by Uniting to safely restore children in care to their biological families
- The Benevolent Society social benefit bond to deliver the Resilient Families Service, which aims to prevent at-risk children from entering care
- the On TRACC social impact investment to deliver an intensive support program to help parolees successfully reintegrate into the community following their release from prison.
In this third round of proposal requests, three preferred policy areas have been identified:
- increasing permanency for children in out of home care, particularly through open adoption
- improving outcomes through early childhood education
- addressing youth unemployment
For more information on how to tender a proposal, download a copy of the Request for Proposal: Social Impact Investment.
The RFP closes at 9am on 12 December 2016. You can access the RFP documents and more information through NSW e-tendering.