The NSW Office of Social Impact Investment has released a 2016 Statement of Opportunities. The statement identifies policy areas where the Government believes social impact investment may be able to achieve better outcomes for NSW communities. It aims to help the social impact investing market understand where there may be opportunities for future transactions with the NSW Government.
The three priority areas that headline the statement include:
- Increasing permanency for children in out-of-home care, particularly through open adoption
- Establishing an Aboriginal Centre for Excellence in Western Sydney
- Increasing access to early childhood education
Other areas the Government is also interested in exploring further include:
- Homelessness among veterans
- Improving waste management
- Road safety
- Domestic and family violence
A series of market sounding events will be held in coming months for interested parties to learn more and provide feedback on the identified opportunities.