The United Nations Association of Australia (Victorian Division) is holding a seminar, ‘Impact Investing: Revolutionising capital markets for greater societal gains’, on Thursday 9 October in Melbourne.
Held in partnership with National Australia Bank as part of the UNAA’s Sustainability Leadership Series, this seminar will highlight the challenges and opportunities associated with this innovative way to invest capital for social as well as financial returns.
The seminar seeks to cover how this emerging sector has evolved and its key players, from capital providers to fund managers, financial intermediaries, social enterprises and non-profit organisations. It will also address how impact investing differs from traditional philanthropic giving and how it relates to the work of the government in addressing social issues.
- Elena Mogilevski, Program Manager, The Myer Foundation
- Will Richardson, Chief Investment Officer, Impact Investment Group
- Rebecca Scott, Co-Founder and CEO, STREAT
- Christopher Thorn, Senior Investment Adviser, Evans and Partners
- Natasha Yemm, Policy Innovation, Social Policy Branch, Australian Government Department of Employment
- John McLeod, Consultant, Philanthropic Services, JB Were
Date: Thursday 9 October, 2014
Time: 1.30pm Registration, 2pm-5pm Seminar
Venue: Hosted by National Australia Bank, The Academy (The Bowl Room), 500 Bourke Street, Melbourne
UNAA Members: $140
To register click here
For all enquiries please contact Emeline on 03 9670 7878 or via email.