The US SIF Foundation has released a new guide, Family Offices and Investing for Impact: How to Manage Wealth, Expand Legacies and Make a Difference in the World. The guide serves as a resource for family offices interested in learning about sustainable, responsible and impact investing (SRI) and was prepared based on 16 interviews with family offices and other industry professionals across the US.
- examines why family offices choose to practice sustainable, responsible and impact investing;
- summarises the available data on family offices in the US and profiles selected family offices; and
- makes recommendations and offers resources on how to get started in sustainable, responsible and impact investing across different asset classes.
Some recommendations made by the US SIF Foundation to family offices include:
- identifying or appointing a ‘champion’ within the family who is interested in exploring investing for impact and can encourage family members to discuss their goals, values and specific social, environmental or corporate governance concerns;
- review studies on financial performance of sustainable investments to compare conventional investments with responsible investments;
- engage finance professionals with expertise in sustainable, responsible and impact investing; and
- take advantage of educational resources on sustainable and impact investing, such as online and live courses, reports, conferences and networks.
The full report can be access here.
About the US SIF Foundation
The US SIF Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, supports the educational
and research activities of US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment (US SIF). US SIF advances sustainable, responsible and impact investing (SRI). Its members consider environmental, social and corporate governance criteria to generate long-term competitive financial returns and positive societal impact. US SIF members include investment management and advisory firms, mutual fund companies, research firms, financial planners and advisors, broker-dealers, community investing organisations, nonprofit associations, and pension funds, foundations and other asset owners. The US SIF Foundation publishes the biennial Report on US Sustainable, Responsible and Impact Investing Trends, as well as topical reports on the impact and practice of SRI. The US SIF Foundation operates the Center for Sustainable Investment Education, which produces online and live courses and other educational resources to help advance SRI. Click here for more information on the US SIF Foundation.